I’m not sure what to think yet. I figured it was on sale for $89. I was adopted and have always been curious, even more so after my son was born. I have no clue what my roots are. I found out a few years ago both my biological parents are deceased. I found out from my bio-fathers side. Right now Ancestry is running a deal on the DNA tests. Using my link you will get 10% off while I get $10. Check it out at AncestryDNA. I also made sure I used my Ebates, right now I got 7.5% back. So a little savings there. I’m thinking the whole process will take a few months, but I will definitely post the results. According to my bio-fathers side I am: Italian, French, Irish and Native American. So let’s put that to the test. So stay tuned for the results. Also let me know if you have ever done this before.
AncestryDNA….giving it a try November 30, 2016
Weight Watchers: Banana Bread November 28, 2016
Now who doesn’t love banana bread? I love it. This one is only 4 SP per serving. You have to remember a loaf is 18 servings. So pretty much a sliver. This is what I usually make when my bananas become overripe. I’m strange, I will eat my bananas with green on them still. Anyone else do this? Anyway, I will also freeze my bananas if I have to many. This recipe is definitely a keeper. I didn’t add the walnuts to mine. I’m not a nut person.
- 3 spray(s) cooking spray
- 5 large banana(s), very ripe
- 1 cup(s) whole wheat flour
- 1 cup(s) white all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1⁄2 tsp sea salt
- 5 tsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup(s) packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg(s), at room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup(s) fat free skim milk, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup(s) chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a large loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Peel and mash 3 bananas. Peel and cut 2 bananas into small chunks. Set both aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together both types of flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In another large bowl, using an electric mixer, combine butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg; beat to incorporate.
- Alternating in batches, add mashed bananas, flour mixture and milk to bowl with butter mixture. Combine well but do not over beat; fold in walnuts and banana chunks.
- Turn batter into prepared pan; bake until a tester inserted in center of bread comes out clean, about 1 hour. Cool in pan for 15 minutes and then turn out onto a wire rack to cool more. Cut into 18 slices.
Classic Zucchini Bread November 22, 2016
Out of all the zucchini breads I have seen, this one is my favorite. It makes two loaves. I used two medium sized zucchini and it was perfect.
- 3½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray two 5x8-inch loaf pans with nonstick spray
- Sift all dry ingredients into a large bowl.
- In separate bowl, beat liquids and zucchini together. Stir in dry ingredients and combine until wet. Mixture will be thin. Divide the batter between the loaf pans.
- Bake 45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Weight Watchers: Bacon & Cheese Breakfast Muffins November 22, 2016
Oh breakfast, my favorite meal of the day. I could go wild. Who would have thought, bacon on Weight Watchers? Ok, I used Turkey bacon. I hate it alone, but in these. Amazing. The perfect bacon fix. These are worth 2 points each.
Weight Watchers: Bacon & Cheese Breakfast Muffins
Recipe Type: Breakfast
Cuisine: Weight Watchers
- 6 item(s) egg(s)
- 1 cup(s) egg white(s) – I got the carton of egg whites from Hannaford
- 4 slice(s) cooked turkey bacon
- 1⁄4 cup(s) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp garlic powder
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a standard 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook bacon til crisp.
- Cut up bacon into bit size pieces
- Mix eggs and whites together, I used a tall measuring cup with a spout for easy pouring.
- Mix everything else together in the bowl.
- Bake until the eggs are set, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and enjoy or cool completely and store covered in the refrigerator.
Each egg muffin are 2 SP each.